Sunday, August 23, 2009

Old friends and new friends

Tyler and I both went out of town this weekend. We both enjoyed the time away from Memphis but it is good to be home too.

I went out of town to visit with one of my oldest and dearest friends! I also went to a baby shower for a college friend. I realized a lot while I was out of town. First we are all growing up so fast and the years have flown by. It just seems like the other day we were all together at Delta State and now we are all married and having babies.

Secondly I realized that there is nothing like your oldest friends! Brooke and I have grown up together since middle school and have been apart since college grad but always have remained great friends.

You always know that you have a true friend when you can stay up talking until late at night about everything just like you see each other everyday. When seeing Brooke, I always get sad to leave her. She is an amazing person and has a heart of gold. I wish we were able to visit more often especially now that we are both having babies! I look forward to the next visit.

I love all my friends and cherish each of them dearly. I have made great friends in the past few years but there is nothing like your best friend you grew up with!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post and felt my heart drop. I felt the same way. How awesome is it to have a friend you rarely see but feel so close to? You truly are such a dear friend to me and I cherish our friendship. I'm not sure what I would do without you! I love you and no one will ever replace my best friend no matter how long its been or how far apart we live.

    ReplyDelete