Saturday, January 15, 2011

Yummy Yummy!

I am trying to cook a lot more in 2011. I have so many recipes that I want to try so I am going to try and cook 2 new recipes a week. Here is one I tried recently that I thought was very skeptical about but was totally wrong! It was great!!! (only because I am not a good meat in the skillet person) If you like Asian food or stir fry you will like this.

Asian Beef Stir Fry

2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 pkg. (16oz) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed and drained
1/4 cup Asian sesame with ginger dressing
1/4 cup lite soy sauce

1. Cook rice as directed on package
2. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat and garlic, stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add vegetables, dressing and soy sauce, stir fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and meat is done.
4. Spoon rice onto serving platter, top with meat mixture.





This meal only took about 20 minutes and was so easy to make. It would also be great to sub chicken in for the beef. My husband asked if we could have it again next week. I challenge you to try it! What are some recipes you have for me?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good! We love to stirfry around the Pearson house! I usually make it on a night where I have chicken in the fridge and NO PLANS for what to do with it. I always keep a stir fry sauce in the fridge and broccoli in the freezer for nights like this. I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete