Monday, August 2, 2010

Reading away

I really have enjoyed reading this summer. I do not know if it is because I can read whatever I want this summer and not the required work materials or I have just remembered how much I use to read. I have finished another Nicholas Sparks book. I love his writings. They are so easy to read and so hard to put down.

I am still reading Raising Sons and Loving It but since the book talks a lot about boys being teenagers I thought I could put it aside for a week.

So the book I finished!

The Last Song

Great book. I was surprised because it took me a minute to get into it and picture the character as Miley Cyrus. The story is great and it has a very surprising ending. I did cry in this book. I never cry in books but this one was a tear jerker for sure. I can't wait to see the movie. I know that it will more than likely not be the same but I still want to see it. Sparks talks about the movie in the back of his book and how he wrote the screen play first and then the book. He knew that Miley would be the main character before he even started writing. I found that interesting. Well, I hope that you have a chance to read it.



What I am reading now..
Well I am still reading Raising Sons and Loving it but I am also reading
Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl
by Susan McCorkindale. I will fill ya in when I am done with it.


Any suggestions on what to read next??

No comments:

Post a Comment